Mentorship Program – Starting in 2019
The process towards assessment and certification in Iyengar yoga, starts with a passion and love for the method, which may then progress towards a teaching certificate.
Establishing a commitment to regular practice, encourages a sense of positive change and personal growth. However, whilst going deeper into the subject doesn’t have to involve certification, for those keen to become part of the Iyengar lineage, it is a journey which naturally combines a firm spiritual, philosophical and practical base.
Our mentoring program encourages students to take the subject of yoga in to their daily life. To explore the benefits of self-study and be guided as an apprentice in all aspects of teaching, observation and demonstration.
You will need a clear commitment to Iyengar yoga combined with steady and regular home practice, followed by:
- A minimum of 3 years’ study with a qualified Iyengar yoga teacher.
- Attending weekly classes; one to be at an intermediate level and one class at the level at which you will be assessed, either as a student or assistant.
- Attending deeper study days and intensives
- Participation in organised practice groups (based at the centre).
- A commitment of a minimum of 3 years as a mentoree.
Students working towards the introductory teaching certification
are required to have been practising Iyengar Yoga regularly for a minimum of 6 years, before applying for assessment. Candidates should not only have achieved a high standard in his/her personal practice of the Introductory poses, but also have a general awareness of the subtlety of Iyengar yoga and its philosophy.
Encouragement and advice, regarding assessment applications, relies on a close relationship between the mentor and mentoree. However, the dedication of the practitioner is critical for the awareness and understanding of yoga. Be prepared for a wonderful journey.Book a Class